Inland 1 - Whitwell SC
Sat 29th - Sun 30th April
Who can enter?
Racing will be in the following fleets and sub-divisions where notified:
- 3.5 Open (Any board-any 3.5 sail)
- 3.5 Techno (Techno board-any 3.5 sail)
- 4.5 Open (Any board-any 4.5 sail)
- 4.5 Techno (Techno board-any 4.5 sail)
- 5.8 Open (Any board-any 5.8 sail)
- 5.8 Techno (Techno board-any 5.8 sail)
- BIC Techno 293 - 6.8 Techno / 7.8 Techno / Techno+ 8.5
- Formula Windsurfing
Within these fleets the following age categories (divisions) may be recognised:
- Junior (aged 14 or under as at 31st December 2017) – Techno 293 6.8 only
- Junior (aged 16 or under as at 31st December 2017)
- Techno 293 OD 7.8 (over 17 born 2000 or before)
- Youth (aged 19 or under as at 31st December 2017) – 18 for RS:X Youth
- Master (aged 35 or over as at 31st December 2017)
- Veteran (aged 50 or over as at 31st December 2017)
- Super veteran (aged 60 or over as at 31st December 2017)
Within these fleets the following National class divisions may apply:
- Formula Windsurfing
- Formula National
- 7.8 Raceboard, Raceboard Lightweight, Raceboard Heavyweight, Div II.
How do I enter & how much will it cost?
The best way to enter is on line. You can do this by following the link to the right of this page Pre-Enter On Line. However if you are a 3.5, 4.5 or 5.8 sailor you enter here JUNIOR ENTRY SITE
On Line Pre entry closes at 10pm on the Monday prior to each event after this you can only enter on the day at the event.
Why enter on line? If you pre enter on line you will save time on the day for yourself and the event organizers.
How much will it cost?
Junior/Youth/Full time student Under 21 £35
Please Note: You need to be a member of the UKWA to enter any course racing events. To join the UKWA go to JOIN HERE. However if you are a 3.5, 4.5 or 5.8 sailor you may instead be an RYA member.
For course racing you may take temporary membership once only for £20 as an introductory offer. If you upgrade to full membership over the same weekend the £20 can be deducted from the full membership payment. JOIN HERE.
There will be two courses
Racing for Techno 6.8 / 7.8 / 8.5, RS:X, Raceboard and Formula.
Techno sailors should be aware that the minimum sail size raced on this course is 6.8
Please Note: Only members can pre enter. You will need to log in to see the entry options.
Racing for 3.5, 4.5 & 5.8 Fleets
On the junior course there will be a mix of coaching and racing to introduce our junior fleet sailors to National racing events. These events are supported by the RYA and The Techno Steering Group who will appoint a coach to guide sailors through this new experience.
The event is open to all of our junior sailors and is intended to be a fun learning experience that will offer maximum enjoyment as well as some friendly racing.
Please Note: Anyone can pre enter on course two.
Alternatively you can download an entry form and send a cheque to the admin office which should be received by 10pm on the Monday prior to each event you wish to enter. ENTRY FORM
Entry is always available on the day of the event from 8am.
Camping and or car parking fees may apply.
The Rutland Marathon 2017
The Rutland Marathon will be a counting race towards your event result however;
This event includes the famous Rutland Marathon. A race around the perimeter of Rutland Water. There will be a shorter course for our junior sailors. This year will be the 30th running of The Rutland Marathon and over the years has raised many thousands of pounds for action for children formally the NCH. The UKWA is proud to support this event. There are many excellent trophies to be won and the list of famous past winners has some of the UK's best known windsurfers including Nick Dempsey & Ross Williams.
All you need to do is raise sponsorship money and we will give you a free event T shirt supported by the Starboard / Severne. This year the funds raised will be split between Action For Children and the purchase of safety equipment for the UKWA.
Please collect your sponsor money prior to the event and bring it along with you on the day as YOU WILL FINISH THE COURSE!!
The UKWA welcomes your honest feedback on its events. Your feedback at the event or completed within 4 days on line will be collated and published on line with a selection of comments. You may add your name or remain anonymous.
Results of the event feedback and a selection of comments will be posted here
Rutland Watersports Centre. Bull Brigg Lane, Whitwell, RUTLAND LE15 8BL. 01780 460154
About the Centre
The Whitwell Sailing Centre at Rutland Water is the home of the Rutland Marathon which is run twice a year in June and November. Rutland water is one of the most popular sailing venues in the UK. Our hosts The Rutland Watersports Centre always make us most welcome and the shop offers a wide range of technical clothing. Also available at the watersports shop are the shower and changing facilities. A cafe and public toilets are also available at the venue. The lake is surrounded by grassy banks and with ample parking this is the ideal windsurfing venue. Cycle hire is also available with all the latest related equipment available to purchase in the cycle shop. www.rutlandcycling.com A climbing wall makes the venue an all round attraction.
Information can be seen at www.anglianwaterparks.co.uk
For your sat-nav the postcode is LE15 8BL.
From the A14
Take junction 7 A43. At Island turn left on A6003 to Corby. At Oakham turn right on to A606 to Rutland Water NORTH shore. Turn right onto Bull Brigg Lane. Go straight over the roundabout, follow the road round and the center is in front of you. Beware of high speed bumps.
Take A606. Turn left onto Bull Brigg Lane. Go straight over the roundabout, follow the road round and the center is in front of you. Beware of high speed bumps.
Important change to camping at Whitwell
Please see below from Rutland Watersports, we have attempted to negotiate a better deal but Rutland Watersports have rejected our approach therefore we advise you read below.
All competitors wishing to camp must phone and pay in advance.
- Camping pitch for 2 or 3 nights booked in advance: £25.00
- Camping pitch for 1 night booked in advance: £12.50
- Camping pitch for 1 night late booking: £17.50
Late booking price is applicable after the Monday before the event.
- The campers will be checked in and issued a permit on arrival.
- Any persons arriving to camp who have not paid in advance must pay the going rate of £17.50 per pitch per night.
- The camping area will be checked and patrolled throughout the weekend and all campers have to display their camping permit at all times.
- Please can all campers aim to be at Whitwell be no later than 10pm.
- If you arrive later than 10pm you may be requested to move to a different area if it is deemed necessary.
- Under no circumstances are the campers to park in the car parks for their overnight stay.
- Non-campers will need to pay the day rate for their parking, which is £6.00 per vehicle.
- Anyone attempting to leave the site without a valid parking permit, at any time during the weekend, will be asked to turn around at the barrier and proceed to a pay station to pay for their ticket – campers will need to report to the Watersports Centre with their permit, where their tickets will be authorised for exit.
- If anyone loses their car parking ticket they will have to press the “lost ticket” button at the pay booths and pay the relevant fee.
- To simply state that you are part of the event when at the exit barrier, will not authorise you to leave, it is imperative that you have a validated car parking ticket.
There are lots of walks and countryside in the area, and several activity centres including Rutland Cycling.
Terms of attendance
The UKWA reserves the right to exclude or expel any member / non member / family / group or individual from its event site should it be considered that they may by their actions or the perception of such bring the UKWA, its hosts other parties or individuals into disrepute. The UKWA Committee, in part or in it’s entirety, shall be the sole judge of such action, and their decision is deemed final.
Persons expelled shall leave the event site within 30 minutes of any verbal notice and shall not return. Exclusion may be deemed temporary (this event) or permanent (all events). Permanent expulsion shall be the decision of the elected committee and shall be confirmed in writing within 21 days of any temporary expulsion, however any excluded individual may not attend any UKWA events during this period of consideration.