Inland 5 - Whitwell SC
Sat 16th - Sun 17th October
About the Inland series
The Inland series objective is to provide high quality racing for all fleets & classes & to include all levels of ability. There will be racing suited to the most experienced and most competative racers, racing for the club/recreational sailor as well as racing for newcomers. Especially welcome are our junior fleets & classes who may be experiencing two day racing for the first time.
How does this work
At all Inland events there will be two courses.
On course one we will race all standard UKWA fleets. (6.8 Techno, 7.8 Techno, RS:X, Raceboard & Formula)
On course two we will race all RYA fleets (3.5 Open, 4.5 Open, 5.8 Open, 6.8 Open, 3.5 Techno, 4.5 Techno, 5.8 Techno.) Every effort will be made to make our junior sailors feel welcome, safe and above all having fun.
Whilst all competitors on course one will need to be members of the UKWA, our junior sailors on course two can be members of the UKWA or RYA.
The UK Inland Champion will be decided by ones best 4 results from the 5 inland events.
For your sat-nav the postcode is above
From the A14 leave at Junction 2, take the A508 to Northampton. At the first island go streight on, at the second island turn left. The entrance to the club is on your left through the iron gates.
Overnight parking and camping will be permitted at the club on Friday and Saturday night. Excellent showers & toilets are available.
Saturday from 8.30am
Saturday Briefing 9.45am
First Warning Signal 10.25
Sunday Briefing to be advised
Pre-entry is prefered
For 2010 Enter Online.
The MWA now has an online entry facility with SailRacer.
Click the arrow next to Inland 1 under Upcoming Events.
Inland 1, 3 & 5 can be entered by going to The Events Page and clicking Enter Online at the appropriate event.
- Adult £30.00
- Junior under 17 (including full time students under 21) £20.00
- Junior Course £15.00
For further information go to Information and under racing go to Inland series. See also sailing instructions.
UK TECHNO 293 ‘Extra-Ordinary’ GENERAL MEETING
The Techno Support Group would like to invite all parents of Techno Sailor and any other interested parties to attend and participate in the TSG ‘Extra-Ordinary’ General Meeting on Saturday 16th Oct, 5pm-6pm.
MWA Midland Windsurf Association
Contact Bob Ingram 07889-161780
Rutland Watersports Centre. Bull Brigg Lane, Whitwell, RUTLAND LE15 8BL. 01780 460154
About the Centre
The Whitwell Sailing Centre at Rutland Water is the home of the Rutland Marathon which is run twice a year in June and November. Rutland water is one of the most popular sailing venues in the UK. Our hosts The Rutland Watersports Centre always make us most welcome and the shop offers a wide range of technical clothing. Also available at the watersports shop are the shower and changing facilities. A cafe and public toilets are also available at the venue. The lake is surrounded by grassy banks and with ample parking this is the ideal windsurfing venue. Cycle hire is also available with all the latest related equipment available to purchase in the cycle shop. www.rutlandcycling.com A climbing wall makes the venue an all round attraction.
Information can be seen at www.anglianwaterparks.co.uk
For your sat-nav the postcode is LE15 8BL.
From the A14
Take junction 7 A43. At Island turn left on A6003 to Corby. At Oakham turn right on to A606 to Rutland Water NORTH shore. Turn right onto Bull Brigg Lane. Go straight over the roundabout, follow the road round and the center is in front of you. Beware of high speed bumps.
Take A606. Turn left onto Bull Brigg Lane. Go straight over the roundabout, follow the road round and the center is in front of you. Beware of high speed bumps.
Important change to camping at Whitwell
Please see below from Rutland Watersports, we have attempted to negotiate a better deal but Rutland Watersports have rejected our approach therefore we advise you read below.
All competitors wishing to camp must phone and pay in advance.
- Camping pitch for 2 or 3 nights booked in advance: £25.00
- Camping pitch for 1 night booked in advance: £12.50
- Camping pitch for 1 night late booking: £17.50
Late booking price is applicable after the Monday before the event.
- The campers will be checked in and issued a permit on arrival.
- Any persons arriving to camp who have not paid in advance must pay the going rate of £17.50 per pitch per night.
- The camping area will be checked and patrolled throughout the weekend and all campers have to display their camping permit at all times.
- Please can all campers aim to be at Whitwell be no later than 10pm.
- If you arrive later than 10pm you may be requested to move to a different area if it is deemed necessary.
- Under no circumstances are the campers to park in the car parks for their overnight stay.
- Non-campers will need to pay the day rate for their parking, which is £6.00 per vehicle.
- Anyone attempting to leave the site without a valid parking permit, at any time during the weekend, will be asked to turn around at the barrier and proceed to a pay station to pay for their ticket – campers will need to report to the Watersports Centre with their permit, where their tickets will be authorised for exit.
- If anyone loses their car parking ticket they will have to press the “lost ticket” button at the pay booths and pay the relevant fee.
- To simply state that you are part of the event when at the exit barrier, will not authorise you to leave, it is imperative that you have a validated car parking ticket.
There are lots of walks and countryside in the area, and several activity centres including Rutland Cycling.
Open in Google maps.
Terms of attendance
The UKWA reserves the right to exclude or expel any member / non member / family / group or individual from its event site should it be considered that they may by their actions or the perception of such bring the UKWA, its hosts other parties or individuals into disrepute. The UKWA Committee, in part or in it’s entirety, shall be the sole judge of such action, and their decision is deemed final.
Persons expelled shall leave the event site within 30 minutes of any verbal notice and shall not return. Exclusion may be deemed temporary (this event) or permanent (all events). Permanent expulsion shall be the decision of the elected committee and shall be confirmed in writing within 21 days of any temporary expulsion, however any excluded individual may not attend any UKWA events during this period of consideration.