Stena Line Cup 3 - Mumbles
Sat 30th - Sun 1st July
Mumbles Yacht Club
- Mumbles Yacht Club746 Mumbles RoadSwanseaSA3 4ELUK
- Club Tel: 01792 369321
About Mumbles Yacht Club
Sailing takes place in the safety of Swansea Bay which is situated at the start of the Gower Peninsula; designated by the National Trust as an area of outstanding natural beauty.
The club has good Shower, toilet and changing facilities and upstairs there is a large bar with views over the bay. Free internet access is available (ask for password at the bar)
Club Web: www.mumblesyachtclub.co.uk
Directions from the M4
- Leave M4 at junction 42; the deceleration lane bends to the left sharply so be careful!!
- Join the A483 and follow it into Swansea; watch your speed (cameras).
- Immediately after crossing the river, turn left. You can join either lane.
- Follow the coast road all the way around the bay into Mumbles village.
- Drive through the village.
- Drive past a mini childrens park on the left.
- Drive past the Pilot pub on the right.
- Take the next left into Knab Rock car park.
- Ask at the Knab Rock office (on left as you enter) where to leave your boat.
- If nobody is in the office, leave it on the 'knuckle' to the right of the slipway - ahead and slightly to the left as you enter the carpark.
- MYC is opposite the car park entrance.
- If you go up a steep hill with the pier down to the left, you've just missed us!
THERE WILL BE A SMALL CHARGE FOR PARKING. THE METHOD OF PAYMENT WILL DEPEND ON THE BAY YOU ARE IN. PLEASE SEE BOB.
There is a large car park opposite the club for overnight parking.
Overnight parking is available for cars, vans motor homes & caravans but only in designated areas. (see Bob)
PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO CAMPING FOR TENTS. YOU WILL NEED TO BOOK ONE OF THE LOCAL CAMP SITES.
I have spoken to the cricket club and they are happy for you to camp there. It is £10.00 per night and you need to book on with John Blythe on 01792 367 191 or 01792 412 408
- Cricket club. Camping during an event is often available at the local cricket club at £5 per person per night. Shower and toilet facilities are available. Please contact the club directly to pre-book. There are 3 contacts you can try: the club itself on 01792 367191 (usually eve. only); Mark Portsmouth on 360532 and John Blythe on 01792 412408. Directions: follow the road past Mumbles Yacht Club up the hill and around to the right until you come to a right turn next to Fortes Icecream Parlor. Take that right and follow the road up and right until you see the sign for the cricket club on the left. We recommend that you leave your boat and trailer at Knab Rock (i.e. at the sailing club) rather then take it to the cricket club; the roads being fairly narrow. 15-20 min walk.
- Clyne Farm Centre. About three miles from the club on a hill overlooking Swansea Bay and Mumbles (£4 taxi ride). They have a small campsite and a secure parking for boats and trailers. There are showers and a washing up room housed in a restored 19th century railway goods wagon with solar heated water. The cost is £5 per person per night with under 15s £2.50 per person per night. For the less hardy there are nine 4 star self catering cottages and barns and for the really adventurous Challenge Valley - the muddiest assault course in the world!! or horseriding. Clyne Farm Centre, Westport Avenue, Mayals, Swansea. Tel 01792 403333, clynefarm.com.
Further details to follow
Local B&Bs and hotels
The following shore-side accommodation is within walking distance of the club (some within staggering/crawling distance!) and all have excellent views of the bay. NB: of the Mumbles Road addresses, the higher numbers are nearest to the club.
- Alexandra House, 366 Mumbles Road, 01792 406406.
- Beach Leigh, 99 Mumbles Road, 01792 542350.
- Carlton Hotel, 654/656 Mumbles Road, 01792 360450.
- Coast House, 708 Mumbles Road, 01792 368702.
- Norton House Hotel, Norton Road, Mumbles, 01792 404891.
- Patricks, 638 Mumbles Road, 01792 369926.
- Rock Villa Guest House, 1 George Bank, 01792 366794.
- Shoreline Hotel, 648 Mumbles Road, 01792 366233.
- Southend Guest House, 742 Mumbles Road, 01792 360753.
- St. Anne's Hotel, WesternLane, Mumbles, 01792 369147.
- Tenby House, 738 Mumbles Road, 01792 360795.
- Tides Reach, 388 Mumbles Road, 01792 404877.
- Waters Edge Hotel, 374 Mumbles Road, 01792 401030.
About The Cup Series
The cup series objective is to provide high quality racing for
Techno OD 6.8 & 7.8
Racing will take place on a variety of courses depending on conditions. Whilst these events will attract the top course racers from the UK and abroad, if this is your first event, do not be deterred, you are most welcome. Make yourself known to the race office and we will not only welcome you but we will make every effort to make your first event a memorable and enjoyable experience
The UK National Champion will be decided by ones best 4 results from the 6 cup events. For further information see The Sailing Instructions and The Notice of Race. Links can be found from this page.
Pre enter by following the link from this page and save 10%. Pre enter 4 events and save 20%.
Terms of attendance
The UKWA reserves the right to exclude or expel any member / non member / family / group or individual from its event site should it be considered that they may by their actions or the perception of such bring the UKWA, its hosts other parties or individuals into disrepute. The UKWA Committee, in part or in it’s entirety, shall be the sole judge of such action, and their decision is deemed final.
Persons expelled shall leave the event site within 30 minutes of any verbal notice and shall not return. Exclusion may be deemed temporary (this event) or permanent (all events). Permanent expulsion shall be the decision of the elected committee and shall be confirmed in writing within 21 days of any temporary expulsion, however any excluded individual may not attend any UKWA events during this period of consideration.