National Championships Round 5 - Stokes Bay
Sat 4th - Sun 5th October
The UKWA National Championship Series 2014
This series is a National competition hosted by the UKWA.
Racing for Techno, RS:X, Raceboard and Formula. NEW, In 2014 the UKWA will race Techno 7.8 open and Techno 8.5 Techno sailors should be aware that the minimum sail size raced is 6.8
The National Championships offers high quality and highly competitive competition to course racers. It is intended that the series will be run to International standards and will prepare sailors to compete at such levels whilst offering all round enjoyment to its established membership.Take this opportunity to experience national level sailing before taking the next step to International regattas. The series offeres a range of conditions and is raced on the open sea.
Stokes Bay confirmed as a ranking event for RS:X
Camping & Parking Updated 29/09/14
Overnight parking for all vehicles will be dependent on Weather conditions. It will either be in the public car park opposite the club or in a field behind the club. You will be advised on arrival. Similar advise will be given for tents.
New for 2014. Masterblaster
For the 2014 season the challenge set is that UKWA is to run a masterblaster series at the course racing cup events similar to the slalom series, so if you are interested read on!
Who’s it for?
If you are a keen racer who likes to sail way out to sea, fight for a place on the start line, stay out for hours doing back to back races this is not for you. It’s time for you to sail away!
If you are a younger or older/ancient sailor, parent who likes to get on a board and sail when the suns out, granddad or grandma who might sail and would still like to be on the beach in a rubber suit this is your chance.
Are you a member who has not attended an event for some time, ( there are a lot of you out there) get your old or new kit out and come and join some of this years events, enter the masterblaster, have some fun sailing, meet some old friends and make some new ones, and be allowed to camp and park right next to the beach at some of our best sailing spots.
Anyone who wants to have a go!! The people who do it at the moment LOVE IT!!!
- Our Aims
- To get more people on the water and have some fun sailing all in the company of people as daft as you.
- Sailing standard is
- Be able to sail out from the beach, tack or gybe a mark and return to your starting place.
- Kit Required
- Anything, if you have got it you can use it!!!
- The course
- Sail out from the beach tack or gybe a mark and return to your starting place. In planning conditions a second mark may be placed and a figure of eight course used. There will be many variations of the course depending on the conditions and the mood of the old chap running this from the beach.
- None, other than the normal safety ones when on the water, and the ones made up for the day by the old chap on the beach.
- Anyone who wants to have some splashy super surfing fun. Non U.K.W.A. members pay extra for the insurance. See the entry form for all the details. (Note; there will be a minimum entry of 6 sailors for the fleet to sail- easier to push them over - hehehe!)
- If you have entered this fleet you will not be doing it for a prize. However if the fleet is well supported there may be some, so get entering! To enhance your chances you could try supplying the old chap on the beach with hot cuppa coffee or a pint in the bar later on.
Please help make this fleet a success, because if the minimum entry is not reached the old chap on the beach will have to go out on that big race course, and his bladder will not last for long back to back races!!!!!!
GO ON THEN, GET STUCK IN!
The old chap on the beach.
Stokes Bay Sailing Club, The Promenade, Stokes Bay Road, Gosport, Hants. PO12 2BL.
Tel:023 9258 1513
Terms of attendance
The UKWA reserves the right to exclude or expel any member / non member / family / group or individual from its event site should it be considered that they may by their actions or the perception of such bring the UKWA, its hosts other parties or individuals into disrepute. The UKWA Committee, in part or in it’s entirety, shall be the sole judge of such action, and their decision is deemed final.
Persons expelled shall leave the event site within 30 minutes of any verbal notice and shall not return. Exclusion may be deemed temporary (this event) or permanent (all events). Permanent expulsion shall be the decision of the elected committee and shall be confirmed in writing within 21 days of any temporary expulsion, however any excluded individual may not attend any UKWA events during this period of consideration.