Learning to Windsurf

The UKWA is an organisation for competitive windsurfing, but for those looking to learn for the first time:

Windsurfing Level 1 Courses

Search for windsurfing centres near you.

Your best bet is do a “level one” course with an RYA centre, then practise for a bit at the centre trying their hire kit out a couple of times.


The RYA is the governing body for all Windsurf schools, and oversees the general running and safety of all centres. Please visit RYA web site for local centres.

Other sources

Starboard have created a site to help beginners get into the sport: