Training Day with Keith Atkinson
20 September 2005
Keith will be passing on his knowledge and experience in a Formula training session on Friday 23rd September in Weymouth. The course will be biased towards Formula sailors, ideal for those who are competing this weekend in the Youth and Masters Championships. The aim of the course is to get yourself and your gear set-up to suit you. This is your chance to learn how to set-up your gear the right way, to advance your technique on the water and to make you a faster sailor.
The course will start at 10am and will include the following:
- Rigging tips and set-up
- Equipment handling, launching and landing techniques
- Tuning up on the water
- Pumping techniques - early planing
- Stances - for Upwind, Downwind and reaching in high winds and light winds
- Manoeuvres - fast tacks and fast gybes
- Specific Tips for individual needs.
There will be some fun races held to put into practice what you have learnt, at the end of the session with NEILPRYDE product prizes for winners and a BBQ in the evening.
If you are interested in advancing your techniques, learning more and going faster on the water as a result, then Email Keith to reserve a space.