Web site update
24 April 2005
The move was promted by needing more space, and also there are some things we'd like to do that we couldn't do on the previous hosting.
For now, we've just been trying to make sure everything needed was up to date, now it is up, we can fill in some of the 'historical' information from previous years. To just run through the sections:
- Events is up to date for this year so far. Still need to put in the custom calendar, but I don't think it's used much past the beginning of the year.
- Results has this years results, previous years will be added soon.
- Information is up to date (thanks Steve!), although there are a few new things to add soon that we had put off.
- Pics n vids is almost all there, and will be much easier/quicker to update in future.
- Forum is something that couldn't be transfered over due to the total change of scripting language, so I'm afraid we are starting fom scratch on the forum. It also needs some more 'styling', some bits may appear strange.
- Links section is current.
- News, just has this years so far, but is much easier to update now so the previous years stuff will go up soon.
- Contact, is up to date and the form works.
The one problem we've had transfering things has been the forum. Unforunately, as the passwords are encryted, we can't transfer across the user accounts, so you will have to register again.
On the plus side, with the new hosting we'll be able to do email outs to members (+plus anyone else who's interested), on a monthly basis.
We will also have more space for videos, pics etc.
Also, more people will be able to add reports/news etc, so there will be more going up, and more quickly!
The reason we couldn't add everything in before launch, is that every new event (with reports, results etc) means we would have to update 2 sites, doubling the work. The quicker it goes up, the less duplication we'll have to do.