Proposals for UKWA Formula racing
18 October 2007
Calling all Formula racers!
Below are the Formula proposals for the committee meeting this weekend.
Feel free to make comments by email to Xavier_Ferlet@rc.hrdeu.com or call me on 07940 577 116.
- Formula to take priority in start sequence
Usually, we are last in the start sequence, even when we are the biggest fleet so we would like this to change.
- 2 marks only (upwind & downwind) in shifty winds to speed up possible re-laying of the course.
- Emphasis on getting 3 races minimum in an event rather than having the perfect course.
- Using the "S" flag (shorter course) when the wind is dropping instead of cancelling the race.
- Using the "M" flag on a boat to replace a deflating mark.
- The weight (x3) of the inland series should be debated.
- Formula racers see live commentary as very important.