AGM minutes 2012
16 August 2012
After the usual AGM matters there were a few things to report, the full minutes have everything but some highlights are:
John Derbyshire (RYA) was at the AGM and assured the meeting that the RYA remains totally committed to Team 15 and the Techno programmes. Advice to those who are transitioning out of Techno onto RS:X at the moment is to carry on.
The RYA have to develop a course for kite board racing, but the RYA is not going to stop investing in the youth and junior programmes. After the ISAF meeting in November we will have a bit more clarity regarding the senior programmes, the RYA will report back to Bob so he can pass on any information to the UKWA membership.
- The Chairman's report outlined the past year and plans for future across disciplines.
- The Treasurers report outlined the finantial position (a small surplus which will go to replacing an ancient Rib).
- Richard Sills (SW region) and Dave Coles (Formula) resigned from the committee.
- Chris Bond (Formula) and David Bradley (Freestyle) joined the committee.
- Still looking for a Head of Slalom and RS:X class rep.
Also, Paul Sibley said that committed volunteers are needed to help out at events - please contact Paul Sibley (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are willing to participate in any way. You will be offered full training with qualifications.
A short saillors meeting followed the AGM which covered running formula at slalom events, venues, GPS tracking and more.