Covid-19 Events Update 13th May

13 May 2020

Following our previous announcement postponing all scheduled course racing and slalom events in April and May regrettably we now add all scheduled events in June.

Once the position becomes clearer we will explore the possibility of rescheduling postponed events should this be achievable.

If you have already pre entered any of these events you may either

  1. Wait to see if the event is re-scheduled
  2. Transfer your entry to another event
  3. Contact Admin for a refund

The UKWA will post any updates as we receive further information from Government, our event hosts and partners.

The UKWA will post an update on upcoming events scheduled for July no later than Mid June however for the time being to simplify administration we will not be accepting pre entries for events during July until things become clearer.

Following the latest government update it is now clear that you may return to the water as an individual sailor. Whilst this is great news for windsurfing please take care and follow all advice offered by The RNLI and The Coastguard. Remember this only applies in England and take care to check if you are traveling that safe parking is available, not all public car parks are open. Please be respectful to members of the public who may not understand the latest update, and most of all stay safe and have fun, you deserve it.

I know you will share our concerns for members and the wider public. May we take this opportunity to wish everyone involved with The UKWA, our very best wishes for these unprecedented time 

Stay Safe