Covid-19 Events Update 2 August
2 August 2020
Following our previous announcement postponing all scheduled course racing and slalom events in April, May, June and July regrettably we now add all scheduled events in August and September.
Your team at the UKWA had worked hard to try and bring you the scheduled event due at the end of August and two events in September. We have explored every opportunity with regard to the Law in both England and Wales, have had discussions with host venues and met our partners at The RYA for both advice, legal expertise and clarification of government policies on several recent occasions. Despite some recent optimism it is now clear that we can not proceed for any number of reasons. Sadly, Covid and the many regulations that quite rightly apply have once again got the better of us and we can only hope for better news in the future. Apologies for the late call on Pwllheli as we had to wait for a Welsh government update on 31st July before carefully studying the text to give the event any chance of proceeding.
If you have already pre entered any of these events you may either
- Wait to see if the event is re-scheduled
- Transfer your entry to another event
- Contact Admin for a refund firstname.lastname@example.org
The UKWA will post an update on upcoming events scheduled for October no later than Mid September however for the time being to simplify administration we will not be accepting pre entries for events during October until things become clearer. (for speed week please contact event organizers directly)
- Inland 1 Datchet 4/5 April Postponed
- Slalom 1 Lee On The Solent 18/19 April Postponed
- Cup 1 Weymouth 25/26 April Postponed
- Slalom 2 Christchurch 16/17 May Postponed
- Cup 2 Stokes Bay 30/31 May Postponed
- Slalom 3 Felixstowe 13/14 June Postponed
- Cup 3 Christchurch 20/21 June Postponed
- Inland 2 Northampton 4/5 July Postponed
- Slalom 4 Eastbourne 11/12 July Postponed
- Cup 4 Bridlington 18/19 July Postponed
- Cup5 Pwllheli 29/30 August Postponed
- Slalom 5 Worthing 5/6 September Postponed
- Inland 3/National Championships/Champions Cup 19/20 September Postponed
Following the latest government update it is now clear that you may return to the water as an individual sailor. Whilst this is great news for windsurfing please take care and follow all advice offered by The RNLI and The Coastguard. Please take care to check if you are traveling that safe parking is available, not all public car parks are open. Please be respectful to members of the public who may not understand the latest update, and most of all stay safe and have fun, you deserve it.
I know you will share our concerns for members and the wider public. May we take this opportunity to wish everyone involved with The UKWA, our very best wishes for these unprecedented time