Covid-19 Events Update 4th June

4 June 2020

Following our previous announcement postponing all scheduled course racing and slalom events in April, May & June regrettably we now add all scheduled events in July.

Once the position becomes clearer we will explore the possibility of rescheduling postponed events should this be achievable.

If you have already pre entered any of these events you may either

  1. Wait to see if the event is re-scheduled
  2. Transfer your entry to another event
  3. Contact Admin for a refund

The UKWA will post any updates as we receive further information from Government, our event hosts and partners.

The UKWA will post an update on upcoming events scheduled for August no later than Mid July however for the time being to simplify administration we will not be accepting pre entries for events during August until things become clearer.

Following the latest government update it is now clear that you may return to the water as an individual sailor. Whilst this is great news for windsurfing please take care and follow all advice offered by The RNLI and The Coastguard. Please take care to check if you are traveling that safe parking is available, not all public car parks are open. Please be respectful to members of the public who may not understand the latest update, and most of all stay safe and have fun, you deserve it.

It is very clear that a number of sports have been given the go ahead to resume. As yet this does not include competitive windsurfing therefore we can not run events and in addition our host clubs venues and or councils would not permit them to proceed. We await further government instructions.

I know you will share our concerns for members and the wider public. May we take this opportunity to wish everyone involved with The UKWA, our very best wishes for these unprecedented time 

Stay Safe