UKWA Hall of Fame
18 April 2013
The United Kingdom Windsurfing Association (UKWA) have established a windsurfing hall of fame. The first seven recipients of this award are windsurfers who have made a outstanding contribution to windsurfing here in the UK.
The first seven people being honoured by the UKWA are.
- Peter Chilvers
- The world 1st windsurfer and inventor of the sailboard
- Peter Hart
- Successful Racer, Record Breaker, Coach, Journalist and Producer
- Nik Baker
- The most successful wave sailor the UK has ever produced.
- Dave Hackford
- The UK's 1st Olympic Windsurfer and long board racer winner
- Dave White
- Our Most successful speed sailor with 3 production world records
- Guy Cribb
- 13 x British Champion, including Youth, Men's and Masters Categories
- Penny Wilson
- 3 times Women's' World Racing Champion and took part in two Olympic games
I am sure you will agree these windsurfers here are very worthy of their place on this list. It is also worth noting that after the many years since they stepped on a board for the first time. They are all still very involved in windsurfing here in the UK and worldwide. There are not many sports that can boast that from their hall of fame.
The UKWA will consider additions to the hall of fame on an annual basis, so if you would like to send a nominee for consideration please get in touch via their Facebook page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.